Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday morning riding, yeah!

Marc was due home from KL before last weekend, but as often happens, he was delayed into the weekend. One more missed weekend activity (ie. the Community ride last Saturday) to go on my I-Hate-the-Company-he-Works-For file.

I guess I could have gone myself again, but I hadn't got round to fixing my flat tyre! (And I've been a sloth.) I waited for the private home tuition this week... and now I'm ready to rock and roll on my half-bike again, AND I think I might even manage to change a tube by myself IF I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder and giving me a hurry up. I also bought myself one of those short pumps this week that will fit on the bike. So theoretically I should be more self-sufficient for getting around on my bike more often.

Anyway, this morning; despite me courting a lingering cough I've been trying to fight off the past week and a bit, and Marc nursing a slightly sprained/strained wrist from falling in a divot at Touch during the week, we got ourselves going and rocked up to the Community Ride with the Santana at 6.30 this morning.

Decided to ride the B group again, given my shortness of breath, and enjoyed the ride. Missed the start because Marc was lending his spanner to someone to fix a flat, but didn't have too much problem catching up. Whether we could maintain an A-group pace for an hour and a half I'm not sure...)

The B group probably did a faster pace than last time, and we weren't the only tandem either. The Dad and one son from the family going to Cuba on a Bike Friday triplet + single were there, but their Bike Friday was in tandem mode. "Where's the rest of the team?" we asked. Younger son had broken his arm a few weeks ago!! Oh! (They should be right for their departure on Jan 4... talk about bad timing though.)

Had a bit of a spin a few times around the velodrome at Toormina, Marc with a more 'go fast' approach to it than me. (Yes, I was a bit scared of falling off - never having ridden on a banked track before!)

32km @ 25kph (could do better, really - we've gone faster and further on solo rides pretty much) followed by a coffee/OJ, a BLT and good company as we chatted to the "Cuba" guy and his son. We've talked the girls into coming with us next Saturday - with the 'carrot' of a BLT or a "Big Breakfast" of bacon, eggs and all the trappings. With the numbers looking like they might be dropping off a bit as we enter the Silly Season, we can do our bit by turning up with 5 of us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home