Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not even worthy of being called training...

.. but I did go for a ride... to pick up some tomatoes from a local tomato stall. And dropped in on a friend for a coffee (and a much needed chat about being the parent of a teenager..)

Funny how your perspectives on things change. Now anything under 10km .. (anything under 20km in fact!) doesn't seem like it's a worthwhile ride.

Didn't quite chalk up 7km in all. To be fair I was going to go further (to another fruit stall!).. but it rained.. so I waited for a break in the rain.. and .. yeah, well.

But I did 'put in' up a few small hills.. and I can feel it in my legs. So it's got to be better than not going out at all.

Feel like a bit of a gig getting dressed up in my bike clothes for 6 km, but they are just the most comfortable thing to ride in. And a good thing to ride in if you get a bit wet.

Tomorrow I'll go further, I promise!

Countdown is on.. 3 more sleeps till Marc and the Goodies machine get home. Big question is whether it will be assembled by Sunday!

[I spent the time I was riding trying to come up with an idea for getting like-minded other mums (or dads I guess) around here together to get active... bike riding, walking.. whatever. More pipe dreams...]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home