Saturday, September 16, 2006

A bit of a ride at least.

Chalk up 12 km to my "time in the saddle" register, and a big tick for actually doing what I promised myself. Only 6km/22 minutes to get to lunch, and the virtuous feeling of having done so outweighed the 'feel like a dag in my bike shorts and shoes' look. Proved to myself I could use the bike as transport.

As I left the tavern, there was a short uphill bit, and I overtook a bloke riding up himself. "G'day" I said, and zoomed past him, but, as I slowed near the top (pretty typical of me), he caught me, and we exchanged a few words. He managed to tell me that he probably shouldn't be riding because he has Muscular Dystrophy! Whoa. (But his car was out of action.) Wasn't sure what to think! To be cheesed that I'd been caught by by a guy with MD? Or just impressed that he was out there on the bike himself.

Either way, it emphasised the camaraderie bike riders tend to feel.

And I felt good. Like I'd done some exercise! Funny that. I backed that up with my usual one hour adult swimming squad at 5.30, and am now hyped up on endorphins and making plans on fitting in a bout of exercise after a planned slothful morning! (I do like a good sleep in!)

Grand plan for tomorrow is to get Zoe out on her own bike and chalking up some solo kms herself. She has managed to avoid it because she is scared. Not a natural at bike riding like her older sisters, she got spoilt when we bought the trail-a-bike, and has used it as a 'get out of riding my own bike' card. I have to be in a very good - in fact, excellent - mood to deal with her procrastinations. Fingers crossed I manage that tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~
Marc should be arriving in Vilnius, Lithuania, soon. Fingers crossed that little adventure works out as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home